20k Leveling Gold Guide

Check Out 20kLeveling.com!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

What Was My Defining Moment?

What Was My Defining Moment?


This post has been written for Cold's Blogging Carnival. MARCH 11th Topic: What Was Your Defining Moment?



            Well to answer this question I will have to put my “thinking cap” on. I will have to rewind back in my days in vanilla WoW. I first found World of Warcraft when I was playing another MMORpg when a few friends of mine said hey we found this new game you have to check it out. So I downloaded the free 10-day trial and was hooked from day one.

As I was leveling my Hunter that I still play and use today we reached the first goal in WoW. To get to level 40 and buy our first mount. Now it wasn’t only our first goal it was a first gold hurdle. When I first started playing I didn’t realize the mounts would be so expensive plus with the level 40-skill training there was it was very expensive and I didn’t have enough gold for both and for that matter didn’t have enough gold for just the mount and riding skill. So at this time I changed my professions to Skinning and Mining, which meant I had to start all over in the areas I already completed to get skill up to where I was now.

 I soon realized that this was going to take forever to do. So I stopped doing the skinning and mining. So I was at lose for what to do to make gold. I asked all my guild mates what they did to get gold. Most said farm this or that, which I didn’t understand at the time. Others said stand in Stormwind and beg. One said to pick up a gathering profession and a crafting profession to go with it.

            So that’s what I did I chose to do Blacksmithing and Mining not realizing that blacksmithing is one of the hardest skills to level up. I was excited off to level it I went and to be able to make my own mail armor and weapons. I thought I was going to take my server by storm. Then one day I was in Stormwind and see players flooding in and out of this building.  I whispered a few players running in and out and ask what that was they were doing in there. They all said, “It’s the auction house of course!”

            My response was “THE AUCTION HOUSE…WHERE YOU CAN BUY AND SELL ITEMS?”  The player responds, “Yes silly, what else would you do there?” At this point it was like heavens opened up and a ray of light was shining down around the Auction house, with the song Hallelujah (fast tempo) was playing. This is the best news I heard my long road of being broke came to an end.

            So I ran inside and started looking I seen stuff on there that I was just selling to the vendors that were selling for more than what I was selling it to the vendor for. I was like you have got to be kidding me I could have made a tons of gold and have whatever I wanted. So I started selling everything I got from questing and just running around. After talking to a few more guild mates they suggested that I pick up skinning and mining again and sell my ore/bars and skins on the auction house.
            And I started selling and even buying items. I didn’t really get in the gold game to play wow to make gold till these past few months. I have quit WoW a few diffent times and have came back and tried diffent things to keep me interested and stay playing. This time my main focus is trying to see how much gold I can make. While still being able to enjoy the other aspects of the game and not have to worry about being able to afford items. I think this time around is a much better experience than the others I had. I think the gold game offers the players something different. Plus for the heardcore Auction house pvpers that make spreadsheets it helps them to think outside the box.

            So my answer is a little incomplete so let me clear it up. My defining moment was when I first started to play WoW and didn’t have gold for training and items I need to progress through the game faster and better. But I really got into the gold making hardcore these past few months. Which I have to say if it wasn’t for all these blogs out there I probaly be still broke and running around not doing much of anything. I even might have had to pimp myself out by dancing on the mailbox to make money… Hope I don’t have to go there….again!!!


If you have any questions you would like me to post about a question you have feel free to email me at xandersgold@hotmail.com. If you’re looking for a Coach you can also email me and I will send you information.

1 comments:

Blogger said...

Thinking of getting rich in World of Warcraft?

You should Install the DYNASTY: TYCOON GOLD ADDON.

It will automatically highlight the most profitable gold strategies inside the game, in real-time.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates | Macys Printable Coupons